Contest Rules and Legal
HOT MESS CONTEST RULES
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. The Hot Mess Art Contest (“Contest”) shall run from midnight, August 4, 2010 through midnight, October 31, 2010. Hot Mess Interactive (“Sponsor”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material or rules changes will be posted on its website (www.hotmesscomic.com). Whether or not an entry was timely received shall be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Contest is open to any person who may legally submit artwork on-line to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submitted artwork to Sponsor becomes the sole property of Sponsor, who will have the unchallenged and unimpeded right to publish, re-publish, distribute, post on web, or monetize in any other way the submitted artwork. Submission of artwork indicates agreement to all Contest rules and terms.
There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Hot Mess Interactive, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate.
2. Prizes. There shall be one grand winner and two runner-up winners. Winners shall be decided by the Sponsor, with decision of the Sponsor being final and without challenge, and at a time of the Sponsor’s descretion. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. The grand prize consists of fifty dollars ($50.00) USD, and placement in an upcoming Hot Mess Collection to be made, designed and distributed at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The runner-up prize consists of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) USD.
Prizes unclaimed after 45 days become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize.
3. Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Sponsor. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Sponsor prior to receiving the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay in airline travel or any consequence associated with airline travel, whether caused by delay or otherwise. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest shall be disqualified.
4. Restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail, email, or telephone systems that may prevent entries from reaching Sponsor. Decisions of Sponsor management are final. All contest entries will become the property of Sponsor.
5. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Sponsor, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Sponsor’s website www.hotmesscomic.com.
Special Internet Rules
1. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
2. Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by Sponsor, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
3. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of Sponsor, corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.